If you’re an IT admin, you must know RVTools.
This tool allow you to display many informations about your vSphere infrastructure, and export it.
The last version version of this tool is available online since this month.
Here the change log for the last version :
- Upgraded RVTools solution to Visual Studio 2017
- Upgraded RVTools to .Net Framework version 4.6.1
- Upgraded Log4net to version 2.0.8, Waffle.AD to version 1.8.3 and NPOI to version 2.3.0
- Connection error when TLSv1.0 and TLSv1.1 are disabled and only TLSv1.2 is enabled is solved by using .Net Framework 4.6.1
- vInfo tab page new columns: The latency-sensitivity setting of the virtual machine, Change Block Tracking (CBT) and disk.EnableUUID values
- vDisk tab page new columns: SCSI label, unit number and sharedBus
- vHost tab page new columns: Assigned License(s), ATS heartbeat, ATS locking values. 0 = disabled 1 = enabled, Host Power Policy shortname, CPU Power Management current policy and CPU power hardware support
- When Export to xlsx is executed a metadata worksheet with version number of RVTools and date time stamp is added to the output xlsx file
- All columns in the RVTools export xlsx file(s) now have a filter
- When export to csv newline characters are replaced by spaces
- When started from cli and login fails an error message and login box was displayed. Now RVTools will exit with exit code -1, without showing the error message and login form.
- Added an example PowerShell script with which you can merge RVTools export xlsx files
- Added a example PowerShell script to start Export all to xlsx for multiple vCenters
- vDatastore tab page: For NFS datastores the address column is now filled with remote host and path info
- vDatastore tab page new columns: Datastore Cluster Name, Cluster capacity and Cluster free space
- The upper limit on the Health check for number of VMs on a datastore is now 9999
- vHealth tab page: new column “message type” which can be used as a filter in Excel
- vHealth tab page: hbrdisk.RDID files are no longer reported as possible zombie files
- vHealth tab page: low disk space messages no also show the free space in MB.
- All tab pages: Refresh or auto-refresh will respect your sort order
- CLI export2xls parameters changed to export2xlsx (old parameter will still work)
- Bug Fix: invalid “Horizontal Alignment” value in xlsx style sheet.
- Bug Fix: Calculation of total snapshot size was not always correct
- Bug Fix: Child snapshot hierarchy was not always correct
- Default installation directory is changed to C:\Program Files (x86)\RobWare\RVTools without the version number
You can download RVTools here.