I’m currently following the VMware Cloud Foundation: Planning, Management, Operations [V4.3] – On-Demand training. This is great training but, I think, due to the number of infrastructure resources needed for this kind of lab environment, there is only video content.
If I don’t play with the product, I can’t speak about it. Then here we are LAB TIME!
A few months ago, I saw tweets from SDDC Commander about VCF Lab Constructor. A server with enough resources later, let’s deploy my first VCF.
Note: Deploying a VCF lab is not the key point with this product. All the architecture and day 0 tasks are where all the fun is.
For my first deployment in VCF 4.4, I chose the newbie mode:
– Single ESXi (256GB RAM, Dual Socket Xeon Silver) & no vCenter, single datastore (1.6 Tb SSD), vSS.
– All the management domain is deployed by VCF Lab Constructor.
On the jump host, you’ll need:
– PowerShell & PowerCLI
– Notepad++, Putty and good web browser (not Edge)
– All the sources for the VCF Lab Construtor
– OVF for the cloud builder VM